new DIP47: Outlining member functions of aggregates

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 11:10:32 PDT 2013

07-Sep-2013 22:01, Dmitry Olshansky пишет:
> 07-Sep-2013 21:00, Walter Bright пишет:
>> Outlining of member functions is the practice of placing the declaration
>> of a member function in the struct/class/union, and placing the
>> definition of it at global scope in the module or even in another module.
>>
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP47

Not to mention poor motivation. A huge paragraph that basically states
that some folks prefer IDEs to automatically fixup *this* kind of stuff
and not *that* kind of stuff.

I could understand this feature can be very convenient in e.g. DDMD that
is being converted from C++. Then this and other examples should be
provided.

--
Dmitry Olshansky