new DIP47: Outlining member functions of aggregates

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sat Sep 7 13:14:53 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 17:00:08 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> Outlining of member functions is the practice of placing the
> declaration of a member function in the struct/class/union, and
> placing the definition of it at global scope in the module or
> even in another module.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP47

By the way, what is the ratio implemented DIPS/total DIPS? I
guess it is <5%. Shouldn't it be a sign of DIP process flaws? I
seems that many take care of pushing their ideas in form of DIPs
but don't bother to take care of implementing them (last sentence
obviously doesn't apply personally to Walter).