Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Sep 7 15:35:47 PDT 2013

Am 07.09.2013 23:57, schrieb Ramon:> On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at
20:02:37 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

 >>> Why sadly? It's a fantastic product.
 >>
 >> The only thing I don't like is the reliance on Visual Assist and
 >> ReSharper for refactoring features that other IDEs offer out of the box.
 >>
 >> --
 >> Paulo
 >
 > I'm both pro and against it.
 >
 > Pro because VisualD seems to be (Pardon me, I don't work on Windoze and
 > didn't work with it but trust Windoze D users opinion on that) an
 > excellent solution and supporting nicely what seems to be *the* IDE in
 > Windoze world.
 >
 > Against because we need a solution for *all* major platforms (Lx32,
 > Lx64, *BSD, apple, w32,w64) and I'm worried that this resolution here
 > might lead to a "So, we *do* have an IDE. Case closed" attitude.
 >
 > Kudos anyway to Rainer though for his important work.
 >
 > A+ -R

Well, if you want a production quality multi-platform IDE the only
options are InteliJ and Eclipse, both of which are not that well
received by most C and C++ guys. The target audience for D.

That is my humble opinion, regarding the type of tooling I expect from
an IDE.

--
Paulo