Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 16:22:29 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 22:50:45 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On 08/09/13 00:35, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Well, if you want a production quality multi-platform IDE the
>> only options are
>> InteliJ and Eclipse, both of which are not that well received
>> by most C and C++
>> guys. The target audience for D.
>>
>> That is my humble opinion, regarding the type of tooling I
>> expect from
>> an IDE.
>
> For a cross-platform IDE, I can't say I have that much
> experience, but I'd be inclined to give Qt Creator some serious
> consideration.  Seemed nice in and of itself, it's properly
> cross-platform -- if I was writing much C/C++ these days I'd
> probably be using it.
>
> I'm not sure how easy it is to write plugins for other
> languages and compilers, but I think it'd be worth looking into.

I had try, it seems feasible, but it's an huge amount of work.
It's preferable to let contributors choose for which IDE they
want add D support.
If you want try with QtCreator is a good thing, but it will
certainly best to concentrate effort on projects that are already
usable.

I hope to see MonoD on github/d-programming-language too if it's
the case of VisualD.