Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Paul Jurczak pauljurczak at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 7 21:26:07 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 22:38:44 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On 07/09/13 21:04, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Recent threads here have made it pretty clear that VisualD is
>> a critical piece
>> of D infrastructure. (VisualD integrated D usage into
>> Microsoft Visual Studio.)
>>
>> Andrei, myself and Rainer (VisualD's champion) are all in
>> agreement on this.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Yes, absolutely.  Visual Studio is one of the most important
> software development tools out there and having a seamless D
> experience with it will be a great asset.  VisualD should
> definitely be given this kind of endorsement and focus.

Right on target. If D wants to achieve some level of visibility
for Windows C++ developers, Visual Studio presence is crucial. We
are talking about a huge chunk of market share here!

Disclosure: I have to use Visual Studio in work for my clients.