Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 02:24:09 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 8 September 2013 at 01:53:02 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I have no problem with it, though since I'm not likely to ever
> use it or
> contribute to it, I'm not sure that I particularly care one way
> or the other.
> I have no problem with people using IDEs and they can be nice,
> but I'm always
> a bit stumped by how important many people think they are and
> how they don't
> seem to think that they can function without them.

People can function without them, they just choose not to :-)

Put it this way: when I code in D, I regularly have to look up
documentation to find out what functions are available and what
arguments a function has. I don't think I've ever done that in
C++ or C# using Visual Studio.

And don't get me started on the debugging experience.