Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Sep 8 04:24:14 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 00:35 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[…]
> Well, if you want a production quality multi-platform IDE the only
> options are InteliJ and Eclipse, both of which are not that well
> received by most C and C++ guys. The target audience for D.
>
> That is my humble opinion, regarding the type of tooling I expect from
> an IDE.

Or write a D specific platform IDE?

LiteIDE for Go is really, rather good, and way better than the Go mode
for Eclipse.

Similar things happen in Python-land. Eclipse/Pydev or strip down
Aptana; ItelliJ IDEA or strip down PyCharm are fine, but Wing IDE 101
and Ninja IDEA are actually better.

Sadly, it seems that "one IDE all languages" is an inferior solution to
"one language one IDE".

And why is the target audience for D only C and C++ people? Surely the
target audience for D is any programmer wanting a native code
executable.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk