Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Sep 8 04:48:07 PDT 2013

Am 08.09.2013 13:24, schrieb Russel Winder:
> On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 00:35 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> […]
>
> And why is the target audience for D only C and C++ people? Surely the
> target audience for D is any programmer wanting a native code
> executable.

Because many of us are actually aware of compilers that produce native
code for our languages, even if they are not the default way to use them.

To make it more clear, the ML family of languages, Pascal family of
languages, even JVM and .NET environments have native compilers
available. You just have to look for them.

Additionally anyone that could move to more productive languages already
did.

So it only remains the C and C++ developers, that either by religion or
lack of alternatives, are stuck in their world.

The ones that are stuck by religion, will eventually disappear, given
enough time.

So we are left with the ones that cannot move on due to lack of
alternatives, hardware constraints or whatever the issue might be.

--
Paulo