new DIP48: Interface specifications for aggregate types

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Sep 8 18:02:54 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 08:13:33PM +0200, Simen Kjaeraas wrote:
> see as the main problem:
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP48
[...]

I don't see this as a fundamentally better or different solution than
DIP47, which I already vote against.

I believe the correct solution to this issue is auto-generation of
interface from implementation.  We should simply fix dmd's .di
generation so that it is usable as a class-at-a-glance interface file.
No language change is necessary.

You have to expect the unexpected. -- RL