Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Sep 8 22:55:26 PDT 2013

On Monday, September 09, 2013 07:41:44 Volcz wrote:
> Good idea!
>
> What about other useful projects? I know that a official lexer
> was discussed some time ago. What about DCD? Should ex VisualD
> use software like DCD if both are on the dlang GitHub?

The plan is to integrate a full lexer and parser into Phobos (and hopefully
eventually have dmd use those sometime after the front-end has been converted
to D). So, I wouldn't expect there to be any separate projects for those to be
moved into github/d-programming-language.

I also don't think that we should rush and try and shove a bunch of projects
in the official D github org. If it makes sense to put something there, then we
should put something there, but IMHO it needs to actually have a good reason
to be official, not just because it's useful.

- Jonathan M Davis