On inlining in D libraries

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 06:05:50 PDT 2013

On Monday, 9 September 2013 at 13:01:51 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> b) Pass all of the interesting files from Phobos on the command
> line to get them fully scanned for inlining (and get compiled
> anew each time I guess).

They more or less get compiled anew anyway since there's so many
templates it has to run through, as well as the web of
dependencies meaning it reads those files thanks to imports too.

Listing the files could be made easy with the dmd -r people have
talked about (taking what rdmd does and putting it in the
compiler). Then it does it automatically.

I doubt you'll see much impact on compile speed. Importing a
phobos module is dog slow already, so it can't get much worse in
any case.