On inlining in D libraries

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 06:18:41 PDT 2013

On 9/9/13, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Listing the files could be made easy with the dmd -r people have
> talked about (taking what rdmd does and putting it in the
> compiler). Then it does it automatically.
>
> I doubt you'll see much impact on compile speed. Importing a
> phobos module is dog slow already, so it can't get much worse in
> any case.

W.r.t -r (recursive build), it's gives you a performance boost since
the compiler doesn't have to be invoked multiple times and do the same
work over and over again (compared to using it from RDMD).

But I've ran into a bug with that pull request, and I haven't reduced
the test-case of the failure yet.