On inlining in D libraries

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Sep 9 07:39:26 PDT 2013

On 09/09/13 16:34, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On the bright side of things std.regex is real fast on LDC *when hacked* to
> inline the critical bits :)

Do you mean when manually inlined, or when the design is tweaked to facilitate
inlining?

My experience is that LDC is starting to pull ahead in the speed stakes these
days [*], although it does seem to depend a bit on exactly what kind of code
you're writing.

[* Caveat: that might be due to me switching to an LLVM 3.3 backend, although I
was starting to observe this even when I was still working with 3.2.]