new DIP47: Outlining member functions of aggregates

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Sep 9 11:23:07 PDT 2013

On 09/09/13 20:05, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I think DDOC should be improved to handle this scenario. Being able to generate
> docs with undocumented members would be great for internal development of the
> module. I realize that doesn't address all your problems, but I think that is
> the correct direction.

Better DDoc is always going to be nice, but come on -- that doesn't address the
issue of looking at code in a diff or a copy-paste via chat software, and in the
scenarios Manu has described, no one's going to have time to write documentation
comments.

OK, you could have a DDoc setting to at least _list_ all elements of class
interfaces etc., even if there's no doc comment, but that doesn't address the
other factors.