Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Sep 9 14:53:38 PDT 2013

Am 09.09.2013 20:17, schrieb Russel Winder:
> On Mon, 2013-09-09 at 18:31 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> […]
>> There are lots of options still open and as someone that is active in
>> both JVM and .NET worlds, I don't see .NET slowing down in the
>> enterprise space. Pretty much the contrary actually, looking at the
>> requests for proposals my employer receives.
>
> Clearly we are in very different sectors. Everywhere I am going JVM and
> native is displacing CLR. I can quite happily believe both our
> observations are correct!

Yes, my world are the Fortune 500 companies, with multiple development
sites, where the projects always have an off-shore component as well,
usually with 50-100 developers on them.

I seriously doubt I will ever see languages like Scala/F# being used in
the types of projects we do. Specially given the average type of skills
the project teams have.

--
Paulo