Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Sep 9 23:18:01 PDT 2013

On 09/09/13 21:26, Flamaros wrote:
> Personally I think that phobos contains some parts that are in Qt base, so a
> wrapper isn't a perfect solution for D. It's certainly the fastest way to extend
> the D framework and add a GUI library, but Qt phylosophy doesn't match perfectly
> with D. Just take a look to moc, in D it's possible and preferable to do without
> it.
>
> That why we started DQuick to create a complete adaption of QtQuick to D, this
> is much hard to do but DQuick has the potential to be much more suitable for D.

I've just had a read through your DQuick announcement thread.  It looks like a
really nice project -- I wish you a lot of success with this.

Now, that said, while Qt may have some issues with respect to D, supporting it
isn't just a matter of wanting a GUI solution.  It's not just a graphical
toolkit -- it's THE most important cross-platform toolkit, and has been chosen
as a first-class SDK component by various platforms.  I'd say that makes good
and up-to-date QtD bindings a very important strategic goal.