Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Sep 9 23:49:19 PDT 2013

On 07.09.2013 21:04, Walter Bright wrote:
> Recent threads here have made it pretty clear that VisualD is a critical
> piece of D infrastructure. (VisualD integrated D usage into Microsoft
> Visual Studio.)
>
> Andrei, myself and Rainer (VisualD's champion) are all in agreement on
> this.
>
> What do you think?

Thanks everyone for supporting this move. I have just transferred the
repository to the D-Programming-Language organization and it can now be
found at https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald

I'm planning to move the issues from the dsource bug database to
bugzilla. Does anyone have experience with converting trac issues to
bugzilla? There are currently 60 open reports (half of them enhancement
requests), so it should also be possible to do this manually.

The documentation and downloads are also going to move to dlang.org, but
until this is sorted out, I'll leave it at dsource.org.

If you want to get your hands dirty and try building Visual D yourself,
see http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/wiki/Build_from_source.
There is also a "build" project in the solution to help with the
pre-compilation-steps.

Please note, that the current github HEAD compiler has a bad bug when it
comes to COM interfaces, but there is already a pull to the rescue
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2537). Using the
released dmd 2.063 should work. The releases are built with a patched
compiler and runtime to support precise garbage collection, though.

Rainer