new DIP47: Outlining member functions of aggregates

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Sep 9 23:52:36 PDT 2013

On 09/09/13 21:35, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Auto-generation of .di files solves this problem. (Provided we fix the
> mess that is the current implementation of .di generation, of course.)

Maybe you'll think I'm being too picky, but I don't think that generated files
of any kind (whether .di or Ddoc) really help with the situations Manu was
describing.  If you want to be able to look at the latest diff and see at a
glance how the class API has changed, a generated file doesn't help (unless you
store that generated file in the VCS, but I've always understood that to be bad
practice).