Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Tue Sep 10 12:13:53 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 18:54:10 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/10/13 11:37 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 18:31:11 Brad Anderson wrote:
>>> Once dub is a bit more mature I think it too should be added
>>> the installer.
>>
>> I would expect that to only happen if it became the official
>> package manager,
>> which AFAIK hasn't even been discussed recently let alone
>> actually happened.
>> But its usage is on the rise, and I could definitely see it
>> becoming the official
>> package manager at some point.
>
> Maybe the time has come to discuss that. Should we make dub the
> official package manager for D?
>
> Andrei

I asked Sönke about this back when dub was called VPM (so a lot
of the answer is out of date now).  His reply:

http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.vibed/post/79

It'd be nice if he could update with what he thinks is left
before it'd be ready to be the official package manager.  I've
hit a bug here or there in my own usage of dub but overall I find
it to be very good (and Sönke usually fixes things I've hit in
less than a day).  There is a potential package format switch to
Simple Declarative Language that should probably come before dub
is official and some general final polishing but overall it feels
really close to being ready to me.