dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Matt Soucy msoucy at csh.rit.edu
Tue Sep 10 14:16:45 PDT 2013

> We've been experimenting with http://code.dlang.org for a while and
> things are going well. In particular Sönke has been very active about
> maintaining and improving it, which brings further confidence in the
> future of the project.
>
> We're considering making dub the official package manager for D. What do
> you all think?
>

> Andrei

votes++ over here
From my usage of it, it still has a couple of things that are in
development (a bit more of a user manual would be nice but I can attempt
to make one in my "free time"), but it's in a state now where it's
definitely usable for projects.
A friend and I are planning on making a little project for a game jam
this weekend, we'll try using dub and see what happens, but so far I'd
definitely say "yes"

-Matt Soucy