Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Sep 10 23:31:46 PDT 2013

On 10.09.2013 20:03, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/10/13 9:31 AM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 19:05:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Recent threads here have made it pretty clear that VisualD is a
>>> critical piece of D infrastructure. (VisualD integrated D usage into
>>> Microsoft Visual Studio.)
>>>
>>> Andrei, myself and Rainer (VisualD's champion) are all in agreement on
>>> this.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Since it's official I think it'd be nice to add to the Windows
>> Installer.  I'll get started adding it if you or Andrei give me the go
>> ahead.
>
> Yes please. Make it an opt-out choice.

Alternatively, I could add dmd to the Visual D installer. If the files
are actually inside the package, I guess it is a bit easier this way
because the Visual D installer does quite a bit of registration and
patching.

But both installers use NSIS, so it shouldn't be a big deal to merge
them either way.