dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Tue Sep 10 23:35:26 PDT 2013

Am 11.09.2013 02:18, schrieb Martin Nowak:
>> We've been experimenting with http://code.dlang.org for a while and
>> things are going well. In particular Sönke has been very active about
>> maintaining and improving it, which brings further confidence in the
>> future of the project.
>>
>> We're considering making dub the official package manager for D. What do
>> you all think?
>>

>> Andrei
>
> I think the package format is really good.
> The registry is essential but needs to support categories, searching and
> some sort of quality ranking (voting?) for future grow.

Full ACK, this is quite critical IMO as the raw package list already
provides less than an optimal overview. There are enhancement requests
for these in the dub-registry issue tracker [1]. If anyone wants to help
out, this is probably one of the most rewarding areas right now (I'll
eventually get to it, but things are very busy here).

[1]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub-registry/issues