dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Sep 11 01:46:29 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-11 08:28, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> Agreed. Maybe some other knowledge, such as how many other (active)
> packages depend on it, or how often it is still downloaded, can help to
> get a robust automatic measure.

How many total downloads would be nice as well. In RubyGems there are
often similar packages and it can be hard to choose which to use. Example:

* bootstrap-will_paginate. 257 475 downloads

* will_paginate-bootstrap. 84 776 downloads

Obviously I'm going to choose the one with most downloads, if there are
any critical differences.

--
/Jacob Carlborg