dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Jason den Dulk public2 at jasondendulk.com
Wed Sep 11 04:03:45 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 11 September 2013 at 08:51:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-09-11 06:06, Jason den Dulk wrote:
>
>> 1) Must be legal.
>
> What exactly does this mean in this context?

You cannot include anything you do not have the legal right to
include. I.E no copyright violations, no child porn software etc.
It seems obvious, but it does need to be stated and is a standard
part of any terms and conditions related to hosting and
distribution.

>> 4) Must compile and run with a "reasonably recent" version of
>> the
>> official compiler.
>
> I think it's better to specify a compiler and version in the
> package file.

Yes, but if the latest version the package is known to work with
is more than 3 years old, it would be desirable to have that kept
away from the up to date packages.