Not with the scene…

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 11 06:14:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:56:42 +0200
Sönke Ludwig <sludwig at outerproduct.org> wrote:

> Regarding the dub music genre, it has to be said that although it is
> the root for dubstep and in turn ... brostep, it's usually not really
> comparable result-wise

Oh right, and I certainly agree. A music genere (or subgenre), even if
originally derived from another one, is it's own unique thing, separate
from its original influences. Rock is considered to have derived, at
least in part, from blues and folk, and yet none of those are likely to
be confused with each other. "Musique concrete" was pretty
much *deliberately* random/arbitrary sounds, and not something I
personally like, but it gave rise to industrial, and in turn,
"industrial rock", "industrial metal", "industrial dance" which are
some of my favorites.

Of course, there's sooo damn many different subgenres and cross genres,
etc these days, it can be hard to have any idea what's what.

>  and I have a strong desire to avoid putting
> the word "step" somewhere in proximity of "DUB" ;)

Heh :) Shucks, and here I was hoping for a NeXT port!