std.d.lexer: pre-voting review / discussion

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Sep 11 12:27:02 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:49:44 Walter Bright wrote:
> 1. I don't like the _ suffix for keywords. Just call it kwimport or
> something like that.

Appending _ is what we do in Phobos when we need to use a keyword, and it's
even called out in the style guide: http://dlang.org/dstyle.html

Now, if it makes sense to use something other than a keyword, that's probably
better, but in cases where it really makes the most sense to use a keyword but
we can't (e.g. std.traits.FunctionAttribute), we append _ to the keyword.

What makes the most sense ni this case, I don't know, because I haven't looked
at either the documentation or the code yet, but if Brian is appending _ to
keywords, he's following the official style guide.

- Jonathan M Davis