std.d.lexer: pre-voting review / discussion

Piotr Szturmaj bncrbme at jadamspam.pl
Wed Sep 11 12:57:27 PDT 2013

On 11.09.2013 20:49, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 9/11/2013 8:01 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> std.d.lexer is standard module for lexing D code, written by Brian Schott
>
> Thank you, Brian! This is important work.
>
> Not a thorough review, just some notes from reading the doc file:
>
> 1. I don't like the _ suffix for keywords. Just call it kwimport or
> something like that.
>
> 8. 'default_' Again with the awful practice of appending _.

Delphi designers realized this problem years ago and they came up with a
solution:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE4/en/Fundamental_Syntactic_Elements#Extended_Identifiers

Basically, Delphi allows escaping reserved identifiers with a '&'. I
wonder how D solves that problem when interfacing to COM classes if they
have for example a function named "scope".