dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Sep 11 13:41:45 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 11 September 2013 at 20:34:05 UTC, Paulo Pinto
wrote:
> Not really, on my enterprise world, things move really really
> slowly.
>
> Just as an example, last Friday I was helping to sort out a
> problem with JBoss 4.2.2 (released on 2008).

I know, had my own unpleasant encounters with enterprise world.
But it is not the case in D reality with no LTS releases.
Literally everyone is trying to use latest versions for new
projects simply because too much stuff is added with every new
version and using any old one is always personal risk.

That does not mean that package manager should not support
compiler versioning - that was an answer to Jacobs question why
library author should care about keeping it up to date with
latest frontend.