std.d.lexer: pre-voting review / discussion

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:44:41 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 11 September 2013 at 20:37:11 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/11/2013 8:01 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> std.d.lexer is standard module for lexing D code, written by
>> Brian Schott
>
> One litmus test of the validity of the design is to see if one
> can build a D parser out of it.
>
> Otherwise we'll likely face the unpleasant task of needing to
> deprecate std.d.lexer.

I'm not sure if you've followed the announce mailing list
recently, but this lexer is already used in both the DScanner and
DCD projects. There is a parser module that goes along with this
lexer included in DScanner (and used by DCD as well). It's not
ready for review though. I'm still working on improving its error
recovery.

DScanner is a tool for D source that's able to generate
syntax-highlighted HTML, perform syntax validation, generate the
AST in XML format, generate CTAGS, list imports, and count lines
of code.

DCD is an autocompletion client/server program that has
integrations for several text editors.