dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 03:00:40 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 20:48:58 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> We've been experimenting with http://code.dlang.org for a while
> and things are going well. In particular Sönke has been very
> active about maintaining and improving it, which brings further
> confidence in the future of the project.
>
> We're considering making dub the official package manager for
> D. What do you all think?

Several remarks (I'm a dub newbie, so it is mostly conditional
stuff) :
  - Can we manage repositories ? For instance can I use my company
repo instead of code.dlang.org ? Can I use several repositories
with some kind of priorisation ?
  - How does the tool handle several version of a package ?
  - What is the process to get some code on code.dlang.org ? We
must settle something if this have to go "official".
  - What is the dependance management strategy used ? How does it
resolve conflicts ?