Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Sep 13 05:24:06 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-13 09:46, eles wrote:

> For the record, I am a heavy user of Eclipse/CDT on Linux, and my
> colleagues are almost all users of the same, albeit some of them on
> Windows. I could testify for the popularity of IDEs in some
> environments, particularly for Eclipse CDT (although I would prefer to
> have Eclipse and CDT written in D or C/C++, not in Java, but this is
> life...).

SWT, the widget toolkit used by Eclipse, is already ported to D (DWT).
In addition to that several other Eclipse related projects are ported to
D, although not up to date.

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt

There's an old abandon IDE project, called Poseidon, which uses a really
old version of DWT. It looks quite similar to Eclipse:

http://dsource.org/projects/poseidon
http://dsource.org/projects/poseidon/wiki/Screenshots

--
/Jacob Carlborg