[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Sep 13 13:51:31 PDT 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:44:51 +0200
"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 20:38:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> > BTW, one veery nice thing about ME is I can run it from a
> > remote console window.
>
> Yea, that's a big reason I use vim too. I do a lot of my work
> through remote connections and having my trusty editor available
> with good speed and resumeability where I left off (thanks to gnu
> screen) is a huge nice thing.

I find vim/emacs confusing, so when I do remote text editing over ssh
(or on a machine without a GUI) I like to use mcedit. It does still
have some weirdness (copy-paste is a little odd), but it's the closest
I've found to a GUI-like editor in text mode.

Although if the physical machine I'm on happens to be Linux, I usually
prefer to just connect via sshfs and then use whatever GUI-based editor
I'd normally use. I love sshfs, I wish Windows had it.