[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Justin Whear justin at economicmodeling.com
Fri Sep 13 15:34:44 PDT 2013

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:09:35 +0200, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Actually, my biggest problem with linux is how terrible the operating
> system is compared to DOS and Windows. I'm not even kidding, the unix
> terminal debacle sucks (maybe good when you had various hardware, but it
> is weak next to what the PC hardware offers), the available system
> facilities suck (Win32 is plenty usable and reliably there! Even on
> linux, using a Windows .exe tends to work better than using a linux
> binary - exe's just work there thanks to wine, whereas linux binaries
> always have some incompatibility).
>
> Eh I'm getting off topic.

This is a distribution problem; I've stuck with Debian or Debian-based
distros over the years and never had issues like this.  I view package-
management as vastly superior to the Windows solution which is to ship
per-application DLLs.  I'd much rather do "sudo apt-get install
<package>" and have it cheerfully inform me that it only needs to install
one or two dependencies because I already have all the other shared
libraries.