[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 18:25:25 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 19:48:18 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Just out of interest.
>
> I use Sublime 2, Notepad++ and as IDE currently Mono-D. But I
> will try this evening VisualD.

I find Mono-D to be very good now-a-days, particularly in regards
to editing. There are some very annoying bugs like sometimes
local variables not being detected, and numbers triggering code
completion (the latter in particular *really* annoys me), but
overall I find it to be a really nice editor. Comparing VisualD
to Mono-D, I'd say Mono-D feels more C#-like and Visual D feels
more C++-like. I haven't had a chance to try Visual D in a while
though, since I'm using Linux at the moment.

For simple edits, I agree, Sublime Text is excellent. I replaced
Notepad++ with it, and it's quite a bit nicer. It also supports
high DPI natively with Sublime Text 3, so that's a nice plus on a
2880x1800 laptop.