[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 20:08:35 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 19:48:18 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Just out of interest.
>
> I use Sublime 2, Notepad++ and as IDE currently Mono-D. But I
> will try this evening VisualD.

Use to go for gedit (for D) but recent changes has made it really
frustrating to use (like auto pasting in the search field, even I
really want to paste, I end up doing it twice, one automagically
and one automanually, and fuck up everything).

I use vim more since I've written my own terminal and can have a
set of shortcut that make sense with shortcut outside the
terminal (you know, ctrl C/V thing kind of wizardry that we still
succeed to fuck up in 2013).

Also considering buying a sublimetext license. It isn't that
expensive and the soft is pretty good. I use it for work and
really like it.

I usually don't heavy weaponry like eclipse/visual
studio/whatever, unless they can provide significant benefits. I
use this kind of tool for java for instance (eclipse or IntelliJ)
but do not for C++ or scripting languages.