[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 21:03:01 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 14 September 2013 at 02:56:52 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> So then recompile after you do a distribution upgrade.

Of course there's ways around it, but talk about an enormous
hassle.

> I'll be sure to look, but one bad thing doesn't mean
> everything's bad

Like I said, I've been a Linux user for a long time, and that's
by choice! But I still envy a lot of what Windows gets right and
still long for the good old days of DOS where it was just you,
the hardware, and a little tiny helper library that was there if
you needed it.

> if you remember the days when you'd be listening to music but
> couldn't hear any sounds from sauerbraten

Actually, that's still the way things are on my system (there is
the alsa stuff, but the OSS emulation actually works better. Get
that.).... and over the years, I've come to see it as a feature!

See, I would keep one program running just to thwart random Flash
crap from spewing noise. Now I use noscript, but still I've come
to like locking the speakers with another program.