[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Sep 13 23:34:46 PDT 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:49:03 -0700
Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> On 9/13/13 5:39 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> > On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 22:32:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> > wrote:
> >> Sure... wait, what?
> >
> > Download a random binary off the internet.
>
> Nope :o).

Meh, all the hip blackhats are doing browser drive-by exploits,
session hijacking and specially-corrupted-data exploits. Trojans and
exe-infection is, like, soooo 90's, dude.

But more seriously though, I run exes off the net all the time and I
haven't dealt with those problems on my own Win computers in probably a
decade. It just takes some common sense. Meanwhile, I've been
shanghai'ed into "fix my computer!" duty from my Mom, my sister and my
Dad all within the last two years - and they barely even know what a
"program" or a "file" is, let alone how to download one and run it.
(Seriously, I've watched both my parents on their computers - there's
no freaking way those two would have been capable of downloading and
running an installer even if the site gave dumbed-down "assume the user
sets their coffee in the CD tray" instructions.)