[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Sep 14 01:49:23 PDT 2013

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 01:11:52 -0700
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> (instead of whatever dreary soundtrack or cartoon popping sounds the
> app author feels I must endure through),

I hate those sounds. Disc ripping/authoring software seems to be the
worst, with their patronizing new age-y jingles every time anything
finishes/fails.

> and as long as skype can
> pick up my voice and transmit the other person's voice, that's good
> enough.

Is the Skype software any less dreadful on Linux than it is on Windows?
It used to be that even the close button doesn't work properly, *by
design*. But last I looked, the damn thing no longer even *allowed* you
to end the glitchy resource-draining process *at all*. And that's just
one small aspect of the program.

I love the Skype service, but (at least on windows) the software seems
committed to forging new ground in "crapware". The android version
didn't seem nearly as bad though, but even that had a *lot* of user
comments posted about its overall quality and reliability taking a
steep nosedive. That was about a year ago though.