[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Sep 14 04:04:37 PDT 2013

Am 14.09.2013 12:19, schrieb Iain Buclaw:

> As for your wireless driver woes, I'm sure you still had the choice to
> go for the proprietary drivers, which would mean you have to also
> blacklist the OSS one (done this plenty in the past, except for
> resolving conflicts with OSS drivers that think they can talk to the
> same device, but one gives me 1m wireless AP scanning range, and the
> other 30m :)
>
> Regards
> --
> Iain Buclaw
>
> *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';

Wrong. If you want I can provide the Ubuntu forum discussion.

Due to the kernel changes done for the open source version of the
broadcom driver, to keep using the binary blob on my laptop, I would
need to reflash the wireless card with new firmware.

Additionally, not everyone was having success with it.

So, I was forced to use either ethernet cabling, or only talk to IPv6
routers until June, which was the tim the open source driver reached
feature parity level with what I already had in April.

Thankfully it is not my primary laptop.

I am not a Linux newbie, I have been using it since kernel version 1.0.9.

I just don't have the time to keep tuning the system as I used to,
nor do I want to.

--
Paulo