[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 05:25:43 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 14 September 2013 at 07:28:33 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:

> Any time I use a debugger I get sooo sick of having to reset
> and hit
> "step" a million times (or muck around with conditional
> breakpoints,
> which never seem to be intuitive - *if* they even work at all)
> every
> single time I want to see (or remember) what happened *before*.
> But
> with writeln - I already see the whole relevant trace at a
> glance, and
> all with exactly the same tools and interfaces I'm already
> using.
>
> Writeln debugging rocks my world.

Give me a way to writeln the callstack frames at a certain point,
and I'll take that: until this, I still need a debugger for
following the program flow.

And no, adding a writeln everywhere you call that function is not
a solution.

- Paolo