[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 08:08:56 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 23:56:26 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Personally, I find the Windows/DOS
> shell to be completely unusable and use git-bash when I'm

cmd.exe is indeed painful to use. I blame it's weird history and
tab completion. It has them so you want to use it.... but they
are weird.

The commands don't bother me, the different quoting and (lack
of?) looping don't bother me - I prefer to just use D for
anything more than a line or three of shell anyway - but the
history and compleition are really annoying.

Linux's greatest asset is gnu readline.

> Windows definitely has some things going for it (e.g. its
> graphics engine creams the horror that is X.org IMHO)

hell yes, and MIDI actually works there too! Ever try to use
linux with a soundblaster 16? Sounded horrible. Worse yet, try to
set up midi softsynth with ALSA. So much stupid crap.