[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 08:44:13 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 14 September 2013 at 08:13:13 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> installing, and using a CLI app is far easier and in many cases
> more powerful.

I tried to find a program for the recent thing and couldn't - I
wanted to view a Microsoft .doc file.

I ended up just opening it in vi and searching for ascii text. It
worked!

> I *never* do that. I always tell it to install to a different
> non-system $PREFIX.

I've been starting to get in this habit.... hmmm maybe I should
just set the environment variable in my bashrc so i don't have to
think about it.

That's not a bad idea.

> Speaking of which, dmd git HEAD appears to have broken
> terminal.d sometime recently

dmd's update? blargh i'll try it later.

> and as long as skype can pick up my voice and transmit the
> other person's voice

...to the NSA lol