[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Sep 14 08:45:19 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-14 16:42, Peter Alexander wrote:

> What does TextMate do better than Sublime? (genuine question)

I guess I'm more used to TextMate. I like all the snippets and commands.
Also that it's easy to customize by adding and changing snippets and
commands.

It can output results of commands to an HTML view/window. That in
combination with it's support for the txmt URL scheme makes it easy to
have error message you can click on which points back to the source code.

This HTML view is extremely useful. It can also be used to show test
results, example: http://jqr.github.io/images/posts/rspec_runner.jpg

It's also used together with git to show diffs, logs, statuses and so on.

I can easily run scripts like Ruby and other languages.

--
/Jacob Carlborg