[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Sep 14 13:35:52 PDT 2013

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 11:00:35 +0100
Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2013 7:21 AM, "Nick Sabalausky" <
> SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
> >
> > Heh, I'm sort of the opposite. I've been using Windows from 3.11
> > through 7, and from Vista onward I've started to really hate Windows
> > more and more (If I wanted to be running a Mac, I'd have gotten a
> > Mac, not two versions of "New Windows: Apple-Envy Edition" followed
> > by "Microsoft UI-Of-The-Month Club").
> >
> > Meanwhile, I've been using Linux more and more for testing and
> > servers, and I'm looking at switching my main OS over to...probably
> > Debian 7, with wine and VirtualBox for the occasional things that
> > don't come in Linux flavor. I just wish I could get a Linux file
> > manager I liked.
> >

> It's not as if window's file manager is any good. :o)

It certainly isn't anymore :(  It took a nosedive in Vista and then
never got any better. And even in XP (and Vista/7, too, and presumably
8) it's terribly inefficient at handling reasonable numbers of
files/directories. The cmd prompt can query and display the
names/attributes of hundreds of files in the blink of an eye.
Why does Explorer often need to sit and wait for several seconds for a
even fraction as many? It's not *that* graphically intensive.

But I love XP Explorer's UI. (YMMV)