[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Sep 14 19:58:05 PDT 2013

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:05:09 -0700
Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/2013 3:13 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > Plus I seem to be the only Windows user in history who has never
> > said "Uhh, ok" to a "Super-helpful web browser toolbar! You'll love
> > it! Install now!"
>

> People today keep trying to get me to install this linucks-thingy.
> "Trust me! It's better than Windows!" Yeah, right :-)
>
> I'm probably the only Mac user in history who doesn't find it
> intuitive and has to constantly google how to do basic things.

Wait, you mean "Mac user who doesn't find *Mac* intuitive"? I spent a
year as an OSX guy (way back) and ultimately came to the same
conclusion: I couldn't do half of what I wanted without it seeming to
fight me at every turn. And it always put up a damn good fight, too.
I've used 10.7 since then, and it seems to have only gotten goofier. (At
least it's easy to disable the backwards-scrolling.)

Even moving the mouse pointer across the screen was (and still is) an
effort, no matter what the sensitivity setting. It's no wonder so many
Mac users swear by the touchpad - that's the only pointing device where
OSX's acceleration is non-broken enough to *let* you move from one end
of the screen to the other in *one* motion instead of three or four
*and* still be able to hit a button-sized target without surgeon-like
hand control.