Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Sep 15 01:35:34 PDT 2013

On 14.09.2013 21:30, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> >3 more nitpicks:
>> >- the working directory defaultWorkDir is never created
> Really? Hmm:
>
> - Is it possible that might be a permissions issue? Since this isn't
>    really an end-user tool, I didn't feel a need to make sure it
>    worked with a limited user account. What temp directory
>    is reported when you do "create_dmd_release --help"?
>
> - Are you using --use-clone=path? If so, then it won't create
>    defaultWorkDir unless it needs to - although I might have missed
>    something there, so I'll check into that.

Actually I could not reproduce this problem now. Could it be that this
happened with a version from a few days ago and was already fixed?

>> >- I get an error that '.' cannot be removed, but I can continue
>> >answering 'n' to the following question for retry
> Ok now that seems bizarre. Can you post a log or screenshot of that?
> I have no idea what part of the process might be doing that -
> definitely something involving an external tool being invoked, because I
> didn't add any interactive prompts to it.
>
> You're not running it*from*  the [your temp dir]/.create_dmd_release
> directory, are you?

I using an user account with Admin rights. Here is what I do up to the
error:

C:\tmp\d\installer\create_dmd_release>set
path=c:\l\dmd2.063\windows\bin;c:\l\dmc\bin;%path%
C:\tmp\d\installer\create_dmd_release>dmd create_dmd_release.d
C:\tmp\d\installer\create_dmd_release>md x
C:\tmp\d\installer\create_dmd_release>cd x
C:\tmp\d\installer\create_dmd_release\x>md junk
C:\tmp\d\installer\create_dmd_release\x>..\create_dmd_release master
--extras=junk --only-32 -v
Checking: git --help
Checking: unzip --help
Checking: zip -v
Checking: 7za --help
Checking: dmc -c .create_release_dummy
Checking: make -f .create_release_dummy
Running: dmc .create_release_dummy.c -L/? > .create_release_optlink_help
Checking: type .create_release_optlink_help
Checking: type .create_release_optlink_help
Creating dir: C:\Users\Rainer\AppData\Local\Temp\.create_dmd_release
Entering dir: C:\Users\Rainer\AppData\Local\Temp\.create_dmd_release
Creating dir: dmd
Entering dir: dmd
Cloning: git at github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
Running: git clone "git at github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git" .
Cloning into '.'...
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.
Deletion of directory '.' failed. Should I try again? (y/n) n
Entering dir: C:\Users\Rainer\AppData\Local\Temp\.create_dmd_release
Couldn't do git protocol, falling back to 'https://'...
Removing dir: dmd
Creating dir: dmd
Entering dir: dmd