Zimbu

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Sep 15 03:20:37 PDT 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 10:27:38 +0100
Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2013 7:55 AM, "Nick Sabalausky" <
> SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe, but as I recall, it was actually the low-level LLVM bytecode
> > that gets translated to C, not the higher-level constructs.
> >
> > Related:
> > http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ABA/20130331#p1
> >
> > Although I guess that's using "LLVM IR -> JS", not "LLVM IR -> C".
> > But I could swear I've seen a "LLVM IR -> C" before...
> >

> Doesn't give the output of the final result, which is disappointing.
>
> Also, translation to English is poor, but I think the blog also says
> that translating D classes don't work, which is what I'd expect in D
> -> C translation too.

Hmm, yea, without actually knowing what I'm talking about, I'd bet it's
probably using "Bare D" (or is it "Naked D"?), ie without druntime or
phobos.

Which would make sense: If "compile to C" is treated as an
architecture, then the platform-specific sections of druntime/phobos
probably don't have version sections to handle the C "architecture".

And I'm sure druntime is needed for classes to work. I know that was
the case several years ago when I tried to get D (pre-D1, IIRC) going on
GBA and only got a minimal subset:
http://semitwist.com/articles/article/view/d-on-gba-nds-progress-thanks-to-oopman