[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Sep 15 03:36:27 PDT 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 12:06:15 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-15 04:58, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
> > Even moving the mouse pointer across the screen was (and still is)
> > an effort, no matter what the sensitivity setting. It's no wonder
> > so many Mac users swear by the touchpad - that's the only pointing
> > device where OSX's acceleration is non-broken enough to *let* you
> > move from one end of the screen to the other in *one* motion
> > instead of three or four *and* still be able to hit a button-sized
> > target without surgeon-like hand control.
>
> Apple have never been good at creating computer mice. I'm using a
> Logitech MX 510 mouse. I can move the cursor across two 24" displays
> in one motion. No problems.

Really? That's weird: I plugged the actual Logitech trackball I always
use on Win/Lin into my brother's OSX 10.7 MacBook, and it took on
average 3 full "thumb movements" (trackball equivalent to moving the
mouse without lifting it) to get from one side of the screen to the
other. I've never had trouble going that distance in Windows or Linux
with only around 1 full thumb movement.

I tried adjusting the sensitivity (the only mouse sensitivity option
it seemed to have), but by the time I could get across the screen in
around one movement, it was so hyper-sensitive I could barely hit any
specific target without overshooting it a few times.

My old 10.2 eMac had always been the same way, too.

His touchpad, OTOH, was just like on my laptop: Across most of the
screen in one big swipe, but still able to do finer-grained movements
(at least as well as you can ever do that on a touchpad anyway -
admittedly the newer ones are MUCH better than a few years ago, but
still not quite mouse/trackball quality...but that's an entirely
different matter).