[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Arjan arjan at ask.me
Sun Sep 15 03:41:12 PDT 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 10:48:38 +0200, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> As I understand it, a large portion of OpenSuSE users are KDE users
> rather
> than gnome users, and I've almost never heard anyone say anything good
> about
> Kubuntu as far as KDE goes. Almost everyone who talks about it seems to
> talk
> about how poor a KDE distro it is. I used to use OpenSuSE, and I really
> have
> no complaints about their support of KDE. They actually seem to really
> go the
> extra mile to make sure that everything is well integrated and works. And
> while there were certainly complaints about their patent agreements with
> Microsoft, I'm not aware of much negative actually coming from that. I'm
> not
> even sure that any of those are still in effect, particularly since SuSE
> was
> sold. I'm quite surprised to see someone claiming that Kubuntu is better
> than
> OpenSuSE with regards to KDE.

I'm a very happy longtime OpenSuSE KDE user. IMO it is the best linux
distro out there for desktop use, they are very serious about supporting
KDE. OpenSuSE is really very very stable. They have also a LTS version
called 'Evergreen' which is of high quality. Besides this the OBS (open
build service) is a great initiative which I think should be used to make
distro native packages of DMD available.

just my 0.02