[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Arjan arjan at ask.me
Sun Sep 15 04:46:08 PDT 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 12:51:01 +0200, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Besides this the OBS (open build service) is a great initiative which I
> think should be used to make distro native packages of DMD available.
>  >
> Don't think I've come across OBS before, how does that differ from, say,
> PPAs?

I don't know PPA that well, I have limited knowledge of OBS but IFAIK OBS
is able to deliver multiple package types for multiple distro for multiple
distro versions.

For example: I needed the HDF5 libs which were not available in the distro
or packman repos. I went to build.opensuse.org and search for 'HDF5' and
voila: http://software.opensuse.org/package/libhdf5-8
This one provides only rpm based distros.

An other example build for a variety of distros:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=openvas-scanner&project=security%3AOpenVAS%3ASTABLE%3Av4

http://openbuildservice.org/ 'learn how to use it' button is a nice
introduction video.